`Bhilwara Sur Sangam’ - a tribute to Pt. Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: Artistes like N. Rajam, Sangeeta Shankar, Nandini Shankar, Pandit Jasraj, Pandit Ulhas Kashalkar, Ustad Shujaat Khan and Pandit Tejendra Narayan Majumdar will pay tribute to Pandit Ravi Shankar in the ‘Bhilwara Sur Sangam’ festival here April 6-7, a statement said.
The festival, at the Kamani Auditorium, will begin with performances by N. Rajam, Sangeeta Shankar, Nandini Shankar and Pandit Jasraj.
"Indian music is celebrated across the globe. This is a small contribution from our group to the Indian classical music that has been an integral part of our rich cultural heritage. `Bhilwara Sur Sangam` was started with an aim to promote heritage and encourage people to participate and celebrate the country`s rich musical tradition," Ravi Jhunjhunwala, Chairman of LNJ Bhilwara Group, said.
Last year, the event featured legendary artistes ustad Shahid Parvez Khan, Pandit Jasraj, Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, and Rashid Khan.
The Rs 5,500-crore group with presence in textiles, hydro power and graphite electrodes has consistently worked for the promotion of classical traditions and its Bhilwara Natya Puraskar, an initiative to spot local Hindi theatre talent from across the country, is already famous among aspiring drama artists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Geeta Basra, hubby Harbhajan Singh out on 'travel day' with daughter
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change