`Mysterious` Brit street artist Banksy`s mural auctioned off for $209K
New York: A mural stenciled by the British street artist Banksy on the side of a Hollywood gas station, five years ago, has been auctioned off for more than 200,000 dollars at a Beverly Hills auction.
The 9-by-8 foot " Flower Girl " mural sold for 209,000 dollars on Thursday at an auction, featuring almost 100 works by more than 30 artists, The Los Angeles Times reported.
The winning bid came from a Los Angeles buyer who requested anonymity.
The piece of art is a four-ton rectangular slab of white brick with black spray paint.
The auction featured five other works by Banksy completed between 2002-2006, and fetched 421,250 dollars.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!