`Mysterious` Brit street artist Banksy`s mural auctioned off for $209K
New York: A mural stenciled by the British street artist Banksy on the side of a Hollywood gas station, five years ago, has been auctioned off for more than 200,000 dollars at a Beverly Hills auction.
The 9-by-8 foot " Flower Girl " mural sold for 209,000 dollars on Thursday at an auction, featuring almost 100 works by more than 30 artists, The Los Angeles Times reported.
The winning bid came from a Los Angeles buyer who requested anonymity.
The piece of art is a four-ton rectangular slab of white brick with black spray paint.
The auction featured five other works by Banksy completed between 2002-2006, and fetched 421,250 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend – Here’s why
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 29 Update: Dadi makes Abhi realise that he has fallen in love with Pragya
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Navreh 2017: How Kashmiri Pandits welcome New Year!
- Not just 'Adarsh Bhartiya Nari', Sita was a warrior, says Amish Tripathi
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends