`Rocky` musical will close in August
New York: The musical adaptation of Sylvester Stallone`s 1976 hit film `Rocky` on Broadway is ending its run in August.
The 68-year-old Hollywood action star spent almost 15 years revamping his boxing movie for the stage, but the show is closing after only 28 previews and 188 regular performances.
The Broadway musical `Rocky` will give its last performance at the Winter Garden Theatre on August 17, suggest reports.
The musical stays close to the film, which charted the rise and romance of amateur boxer and debt collector Rocky Balboa, who gets his shot against an undefeated heavyweight champ. Andy Karl starred as the hero.
The show earned four Tony Award nominations but took home only a scenic design award.
Andy Karl played Rocky Balboa in the stage adaptation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee