`Scrubs` in process to be made into a Broadway musical
Los Angeles: Medical comedy series `Scrubs` is in the early stage of being developed into a Broadway musical.
The comedy starring, Zach Braff and Donald Faison, ran for nearly a decade between 2001 and 2010 but got axed after the season 9, reportedly.
Scrubs` creator Bill Lawrence said the series would be revived in the form a Broadway musical.
"One of the things we really cared about on the show was that we always incorporated not only pop music, but a lot of singing and songwriting, ranging from an a cappella group to a full-blown musical episode," Lawrence said.
The musical is currently in its infancy, built on an outline that marks specific spots for songs and Greek choruses.
When that outline goes out to composers, they`ll know the tone because they`ve seen the show and some of the musical stuff we`ve done.
If I did Scrubs, I would do it as the `Legally Blonde` or `Wicked model`," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'