`Scrubs` in process to be made into a Broadway musical
Los Angeles: Medical comedy series `Scrubs` is in the early stage of being developed into a Broadway musical.
The comedy starring, Zach Braff and Donald Faison, ran for nearly a decade between 2001 and 2010 but got axed after the season 9, reportedly.
Scrubs` creator Bill Lawrence said the series would be revived in the form a Broadway musical.
"One of the things we really cared about on the show was that we always incorporated not only pop music, but a lot of singing and songwriting, ranging from an a cappella group to a full-blown musical episode," Lawrence said.
The musical is currently in its infancy, built on an outline that marks specific spots for songs and Greek choruses.
When that outline goes out to composers, they`ll know the tone because they`ve seen the show and some of the musical stuff we`ve done.
If I did Scrubs, I would do it as the `Legally Blonde` or `Wicked model`," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic