`The Lion King` becomes Broadway`s highest grossing show of 2013
Washington: Hit musical `The Lion King` is Broadway `s highest grossing show of 2013 by banking almost 97 million dollars in ticket sales.
The stage show, featuring songs of Sir Elton John and Sir Tim Rice, has been a popular choice since it opened in New York in 1997, Contactmusic reported.
`The Lion King` pulled in 2.8 million dollars over nine performances in one week, setting a new record for the Minskoff Theatre, which has staged the show since 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!