`The Lion King` becomes Broadway`s highest grossing show of 2013
Washington: Hit musical `The Lion King` is Broadway `s highest grossing show of 2013 by banking almost 97 million dollars in ticket sales.
The stage show, featuring songs of Sir Elton John and Sir Tim Rice, has been a popular choice since it opened in New York in 1997, Contactmusic reported.
`The Lion King` pulled in 2.8 million dollars over nine performances in one week, setting a new record for the Minskoff Theatre, which has staged the show since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch how Saqib Saleem thanked fans for appreciating his role in 'Dishoom'!
- 'Game of Thrones' to end with eighth season
- Here's why Sunidhi Chauhan has started respecting actors a lot more now!
- 'Wolverine', Adnan Sami spend candid time together! Pics inside
- These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!