`Theatre in Motion` set to begin Oct 5
New Delhi: Theatre in Motion is beginning Oct 5 in three cities - Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata and it will bring the best of theatre groups and actors on a single platform.
The nearly three-month long festival will have known names from theatre like Dada Saheb Phalke awaredee Soumitra Chatterjee, Rajit Kapur, Nadira Zaheer Babbar, Mohan Agashe, Om Katare, Manoj Mitra, Rakesh Bedi, Ashish Vidyarthi, Lilette Dubey, Ira Dubey, Shernaz Patel and Yashpal Sharma, said a statement.
In the capital, the festival will open with Nadira Babbar`s Ekjute`s offering `Saku Bai` starring Sarita Joshi.
Theatre lovers will also get a chance to see Tom Alter in `The Old Man and the Sea` presented by Shivani Tibrewala`s performing arts company No License Yet.
In Mumbai, Sohini and Rudraparasad Sengupta`s play, `Ajantobas` will open the festival. Bengali actor Soumitra`s play `Chariganga` will also be showcased there.
In Kolkata Rajit Kapur`s `Mahua` starring Mona Ambegaonkar and Sadiya Siddiqui will open the fest.
Theatre in Motion, which will end Dec 29, is being presented by Utkal Rangmanch Trust in association with Sanket and steered by Anant Mahapatra, a well known theatre personality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic