`Ugly Betty` star America Ferrera to make her stage debut
London: America Ferrera is heading to London to make her stage debut in the long-running musical `Chicago`.
The 27-year-old actress will play lead character Roxie Hart in the West End production for a total of eight weeks beginning next month, Daily Express reported.
Ferrera is currently counting on an amazing experience as she has already signed on to make her Broadway bow in a revival of the 1984 play `The Miss Firecracker Contest`.
The show, which centres on a Mississippi girl who enters a beauty pageant, will be directed by Judith Ivey and begin rehearsals in March next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!