65 artists come together in art fair
Kolkata: With its stunning line-up of 300 original artworks by 65 artists, a four-day art and lifestyle fair was kicked off at an art gallery today.
`Art Redefined`, the exhibition, so named, showcases works of emerging artists alongside renowned names from the art realm like Sunil Das, Jogen Chowdhury, Samir Aich, Rabin Mandal, Manik Talukdar, Niranjan Pradhan among others.
The mix consists of 65 artists who have given form to their imaginations in myriad ways. The result is a smorgasbord of paintings, sculptures with varying themes done on wide-ranging mediums.
The highly individualised styles of work of each painter gets reflected in their respective watercolours, acrylics, pencil sketch, new media and oil paintings.
Swathed in vibrant hues of the festive season, the art gallery offers visitors to snap up art collectibles, ceramics, photographs, prints, sculptures alongside fashion and lifestyle essentials at an affordable price range.
"We have always believed in demystifying art for the uninitiated and thereby we have converted the curious onlookers who used to be put off by exorbitant prices of art, to serious art buyers," said Richa Agarwal of Emami Chisel Art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day