AMU art gallery restored after 80 years
Aligarh: More than 60 artists are displaying their work at the Aligarh Muslim University art gallery which has been restored after nearly 80 years.
AMU Vice Chancellor Lt. Gen. (retd) Zameer Uddin Shah said the gallery, with its ornate architecture, spacious capacity and beautiful ambience, would inspire young and upcoming artists to showcase their work.
Badar Jahan, coordinator for the Moinuddin Ahmad Art Gallery, said the gallery apart from developing a permanent collection, will also organise programmes like group and solo shows, art workshops, lectures and various interactive programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier