Art aids acid attack survivors in Kolkata
Kolkata: To aid survivors of acid attacks, an assemblage of paintings by eminent artists as well as budding painters is on display at a fund-raising exhibition here.
Around 100 works by painters like Wasim Kapoor have been showcased at the "Art With A Heart" exposition organised by the Acid Survivors Foundation India (ASFI) that began Friday.
Four paintings are up for auction, while others are for sale. The proceeds will go to the aid of acid attack survivors.
"Paintings by eminent artists will be auctioned and the proceeds will be used to help survivors of acid attacks. Initially the focus will be on survivors from this part (West Bengal)... we will spread out, in a case to case basis," Rahul Varma, National Director and CEO of ASFI told IANS.
A week-long awareness drive is also being held, to further the cause of rebuilding the lives of those who have been attacked with acid. Conferences and interactive sessions with doctors and NGOs will be held as part of this programme.
The exhibition concludes Aug 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children