Artist creates `magical` tree that bears `40 different fruits`
Washington: Artist Sam Van Aken has created a single tree that could produce 40 different stone fruits with the help of technique called `grafting`.
In the project called ` Tree of 40 Fruit` the artist grafted 40 different stone fruit branches onto a single tree, which would ultimately create a tree that would slowly begin blooming at the beginning of spring and continue through the season as different varieties hit their marks, further in summers those would all begin to grow fruits, including different types of cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, and apricots, the Verge reported.
According to Epicurious, Van Aken said that he tried to include local fruits on each of his trees, as well as varieties that weren`t commercially available and there`s a preservation element also that he was bringing in to it too.
There are 16 trees of them so far; located in museums, community centers, and some private collections and they are currently spread across the US, with the majority of them around New York and New England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Sidharth teaches IIT students 'Kaala chashma'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- Women have cheating nightmares while men fantasize about flying: Study
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier