Artist Ganesh Pyne passes away
Mumbai: Veteran artist Ganesh Pyne died of cardiac arrest Tuesday at a hospital in Kolkata. He was 76.
Born in 1937, Pyne had graduated from Kolkata`s Government College of Art and Craft.
The veteran painterm, who was influenced by Abanindranath and Gaganendranath Tagore, actively exhibited his works between the 1960s and 1980s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions