Artist recreates masterpieces for a living
London: A UK artist has made a career out of producing replicas of great painters like Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, Vermeer and Henry Wallis.
Mike Rome`s paintings can sell for up to 1,200 dollars each.
Rome has recreated hundreds of copies, which includes Vermeer`s The Girl With A Pearl Earring, da Vinci`s the Mona Lisa and Henry Wallis` The Death Of Chatterton.
However, Rome is no fraud and signs his paintings in his own name.
Before starting to work on his paintings, Rome goes to the gallery where they are displayed and photographs it; he then replicates it at his studio in his one-bedroom flat in Bristol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’