Award-winning play `Nirbhaya` to staged in India
New Delhi: `Nirbhaya`, the Yael Farber- directed award winning play about the December 16 gangrape, will make its debut on Indian stage on March 17.
A winner of 2013 Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award, Scotsman Fringe First Award and a Herald Angel, the play is a thought-provoking theatre production addressing the issue that saw widespread protests in the country.
In the play, five Indian women break their silence by sharing their stories and inspiring others against remaining silent.
The play is coming to India just after finishing its London tour. It will be first staged in Mumbai from March 17 to 20 before travelling to Delhi and Bangalore.
`Delhi Belly` actress Poorna Jagannathan, troubled by the incident, contacted internationally acclaimed playwright and director Farber, best known for `Mies Julie`, to create a new work that would continue to shatter the silence on sexual violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing