Award-winning play `Nirbhaya` to staged in India
New Delhi: `Nirbhaya`, the Yael Farber- directed award winning play about the December 16 gangrape, will make its debut on Indian stage on March 17.
A winner of 2013 Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award, Scotsman Fringe First Award and a Herald Angel, the play is a thought-provoking theatre production addressing the issue that saw widespread protests in the country.
In the play, five Indian women break their silence by sharing their stories and inspiring others against remaining silent.
The play is coming to India just after finishing its London tour. It will be first staged in Mumbai from March 17 to 20 before travelling to Delhi and Bangalore.
`Delhi Belly` actress Poorna Jagannathan, troubled by the incident, contacted internationally acclaimed playwright and director Farber, best known for `Mies Julie`, to create a new work that would continue to shatter the silence on sexual violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Don't think my potential will ever be tapped: Soha Ali Khan