Awards to celebrate the best of Indian theatre
New Delhi: The Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META), which begins March 4, will bring together and celebrate the best of Indian theatre from the year gone by.
Scheduled to be held March 4-8 here, the awards will also serve as a platform to promote the myriad elements of theatre, including set design, costume and direction.
"Over the years, it has continued to amaze me to see the commitment of the theatre community to its basic passion. They do it regardless of the material returns that they might or might not get and regardless of the fame and prestige that might or might not come their way," META creative director Ravi Dubey said in a statement.
This year, the nominations include `Gabarghichor`, the story of a 15-year-old boy who finds himself in the middle of an arduous battle being fought to attain an undisputed parental right over him, and the `Open Couple`, which explores the relationship between a man and a woman.
In its ninth year, the awards which is organised by the Mahindra Group, also intends to increase awareness and appreciation of Indian theatre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays tribute to Lord Shiva with sand art
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: How to celebrate this auspicious day if you are working
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Amazing things you can try in SPRING season!