Awards to celebrate the best of Indian theatre
New Delhi: The Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META), which begins March 4, will bring together and celebrate the best of Indian theatre from the year gone by.
Scheduled to be held March 4-8 here, the awards will also serve as a platform to promote the myriad elements of theatre, including set design, costume and direction.
"Over the years, it has continued to amaze me to see the commitment of the theatre community to its basic passion. They do it regardless of the material returns that they might or might not get and regardless of the fame and prestige that might or might not come their way," META creative director Ravi Dubey said in a statement.
This year, the nominations include `Gabarghichor`, the story of a 15-year-old boy who finds himself in the middle of an arduous battle being fought to attain an undisputed parental right over him, and the `Open Couple`, which explores the relationship between a man and a woman.
In its ninth year, the awards which is organised by the Mahindra Group, also intends to increase awareness and appreciation of Indian theatre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show