Bal Thackeray`s death: Hema Malini postpones Jaya Smriti
Mumbai: Bollywood actress and acclaimed bharatanatyam dancer Hema Malini has postponed Jaya Smriti, an annual dance extravaganza organised by her, following the demise of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
She inaugurated Jaya Smriti at the Nehru Center here Friday but postponed the subsequent two days` programme following Thackeray`s death Saturday.
"Due to sad demise of Shri Bal Thackeray, Jaya Smriti on 17 and 18 November is postponed. I hope you all who love me will stand by me in this situation," Hema tweeted.
The three-day drama, music and film extravaganza has been a regular annual event since 2010. The function is a tribute to Hema`s mother - Jaya Chakravarthy.
The 64-year-old was supposed to be part of the performances along with her younger daughter Aahana. She has not announced the new dates of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day