Bal Thackeray`s death: Hema Malini postpones Jaya Smriti
Mumbai: Bollywood actress and acclaimed bharatanatyam dancer Hema Malini has postponed Jaya Smriti, an annual dance extravaganza organised by her, following the demise of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
She inaugurated Jaya Smriti at the Nehru Center here Friday but postponed the subsequent two days` programme following Thackeray`s death Saturday.
"Due to sad demise of Shri Bal Thackeray, Jaya Smriti on 17 and 18 November is postponed. I hope you all who love me will stand by me in this situation," Hema tweeted.
The three-day drama, music and film extravaganza has been a regular annual event since 2010. The function is a tribute to Hema`s mother - Jaya Chakravarthy.
The 64-year-old was supposed to be part of the performances along with her younger daughter Aahana. She has not announced the new dates of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier