Bal Utsav to bring Rabindranath Tagore`s stories on stage
New Delhi: Popular children`s stories of Rabindranath Tagore like ‘Kabuliwala’ among others will be staged during a five-day children`s theatre festival in the national capital beginning June 18, the organisers said Tuesday.
Presented by Hindi Academy, the inaugural ‘Bal Utsav’ will showcase ten famous stories written by the Nobel laureate. Two plays will be staged per day at the Kamani Auditorium.
The theme of this year`s festival is ‘This Summer Children are in Tagore`s Company’.
The academy had organised a month-long workshop across various schools in Delhi to choose children to play various roles in these plays.
"From these workshops around 450 students have been selected," an official from the Hindi Academy said.
"In the workshop, directors and assistants trained these children. These stories were first translated from Bengali to Hindi and children started rehearsing," he added.
The festival will open with Rajesh Bakshi`s ‘Ichchha Puran’, followed by Asif Kamar`s ‘Chhutti’.
On the second day Nilesh Kumar Deepak`s ‘Kabuliwala’ and Anumita Dutta Choudary`s ‘Taash Ka Desh’ will be staged.
Other stories like ‘Doctor Babu aur Mukut’, ‘Tota Kahani’, ‘Subha’, ‘Bhikarin’, among others will be staged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- THIS 'Bigg Boss 10' commoner contestant bags a Bollywood film?
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru