Ben Affleck started charity as an example to his kids
London: Hollywood actor Ben Affleck says he started his charity as an example for his children with wife Jennifer Garner.
Affleck, who has daughters Violet, six, and Seraphina, three, as well as a third child on the way, says his young ones motivated him to start the Eastern Congo Initiative, reported a website.
"I got to a point in my life where I felt like I had been very fortunate. And I wanted to do something more with my life than just make movies and try to make money. I wanted to do something that was important to me in other ways and would serve as an example to my kids," Affleck said.
The 39-year-old actor recently returned from his eighth trip to the war torn Congo region to work with his charity, supporting local Congolese groups in rebuilding the region.
"The people there are working as hard as they can to make their lives better. And that`s inspiring," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clint Eastwood at the helm of Cap. Chesley Sullenberger biopic
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan
- Steven Spielberg grosses 34 million USD from his Mailbu mini-compound
- Reese Witherspoon offered playing Clinton's role multiple times
- Niall Horan splits from girlfriend