Bob Dylan`s `Like a Rolling Stone` manuscript fetches $2m at auction
London: A working draft of one of Bob Dylan`s most popular songs ` Like a Rolling Stone` has set a record for acquiring 2 million dollars at Sotheby`s auction.
The manuscript, said to be the only known draft of the final lyrics, earned the title of a popular music manuscript at the auction, reportedly.
Dylan wrote the song, about a debutante cast from upper-class society who becomes a loner, in 1965 when he was 24 years old and it was immortalized in pencil on four sheets of stationery from the Roger Smith Hotel in Washington DC.
The unidentified seller is described as a long-time fan of the 73-year-old singer and he bought the manuscript directly from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Athiya Shetty shares her style mantra
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say