Bruce Springsteen raises USD 160,000 at charity show
Los Angeles: Rocker Bruce Springsteen raised USD 160,000 for wounded soldiers by auctioning off his guitar, shirt and harmonica at a charity show.
Popularly known as `The Boss`, the 62-year-old singer performed at the Stand Up for Heroes gig in New York alongside British funnyman Ricky Gervais, Kathy Griffin and Jon Stewart to raise money for charities which aid military families.
Springsteen helped raise even more cash on the night by offering up his belongings to the highest bidder, who subsequently donated the guitar to war veteran Andrew Kinard, who lost both his legs in Iraq, reported Rolling Stone magazine.
The event raised nearly USD 400,000 in addition to ticket sales for the Bob Woodruff Foundation and ReMind.org.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Deepika Padukone finally breaks her silence on comparisons with Priyanka Chopra
- Oscars 2017 weirdest TV finale since 'Lost', says Jimmy Kimmel
- Yuvraj Singh celebrates wifey Hazel Keech's birthday and the cake looks awesome!
- Dhanush paternity row: South superstar appears in court for birthmark identification
- Oscars 2017: Another Indian actress named Priyanka walked the Red Carpet