Children`s festival of performing arts set to begin
New Delhi: Treat yourself to a circus from Germany, theatre from Iran, origami work from Egypt, Indian street theatre and drama and dance at the International Children`s Festival of Performing Arts (ICFPA) beginning here Thursday.
The festival, with its theme of ‘Brighter Tomorrow’, is organised by Ryan Foundation, in association with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and National Bal Bhawan. The four-day festival will be held at different venues in the national capital.
"Performing arts open a window of opportunity for young minds who are sensitised towards many issues. While they do a play or dance, they understand it and develop their own understanding," Utkarsh Marwah, festival director said.
The 13th edition of the festival will see 24 performances. Musical plays, dramas, circus and puppet shows from 21 participating countries including Bangladesh, Finland, Indonesia, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Nepal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka and Zambia are part of the programme.
School children from across the country are also set to perform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pratyusha Banerjee suicide case: SC refuses to quash bail of Rahul Raj Singh
- Was petrified of kissing scene in 'Do Lafzon Ki Kahani': Kajal Aggarwal
- Demi Lovato mourns death of her great-grandmother
- Johnny Depp was manipulated, set up by Amber Heard: His friend
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers