Children`s festival of performing arts set to begin
New Delhi: Treat yourself to a circus from Germany, theatre from Iran, origami work from Egypt, Indian street theatre and drama and dance at the International Children`s Festival of Performing Arts (ICFPA) beginning here Thursday.
The festival, with its theme of ‘Brighter Tomorrow’, is organised by Ryan Foundation, in association with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and National Bal Bhawan. The four-day festival will be held at different venues in the national capital.
"Performing arts open a window of opportunity for young minds who are sensitised towards many issues. While they do a play or dance, they understand it and develop their own understanding," Utkarsh Marwah, festival director said.
The 13th edition of the festival will see 24 performances. Musical plays, dramas, circus and puppet shows from 21 participating countries including Bangladesh, Finland, Indonesia, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Nepal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka and Zambia are part of the programme.
School children from across the country are also set to perform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone reacts to comparisons with Priyanka Chopra
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Raees: Sunny Leone travels to Delhi by train, gets amazed by Shah Rukh Khan's stardom
- Jackie Chan opens up about his Bollywood plans
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Sudarsan Pattnaik’s students pay tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose – See PIC
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival