Christie`s auction: Golconda diamond necklace may fetch $10 mn
Hong Kong: A pear and cushion-shaped diamond and emerald necklace, having two Golconda diamonds, is expected to fetch up to $10 million at Christie`s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels auction here May 27.
The necklace ‘The Eye of Golconda’ comprises two rare Golconda diamonds, weighing 40.05 and 6.76 carats, respectively.
"The former, the necklace`s centrepiece of imposing size, is the largest Golconda diamond ever available for auction in Asia," a statement said Monday.
Golconda diamonds are often described as "diamonds of first water", characterised by an almost indefinable water-clear appearance that attest to their diaphanous quality and a degree of transparency rarely seen in stones from other localities, it added.
The auction, consisting of over 300 lots, will unveil a 9.38 carats pear-shaped pink diamond, estimated to be worth between $5.8 million and $8.3 million.
Apart from this, a range of vividly saturated Burmese rubies and sapphires, Colombian emeralds and exclusive vintage pieces from Bulgari -- an Italian jewellery and luxury goods company -- among others will be a part of this auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier