Colombian artist to perform in New Delhi
New Delhi: A Colombian fusion artist will perform in New Delhi Aug 4 as part of Colombia`s National Day celebrations and cultural promotion of the country in India, the Colombian embassy said in a statement Monday.
Carlos Balanta, popularly known as Baterimba, has been dubbed as a "one man orchestra" as he plays the drums, percussion and the bass guitar.
Balanta hails from Santander de Quichao and his musical journey began early at the age of 12 playing drums and marimba at local festivals.
Balanta achieved nation-wide recognition in 2012 when the reality TV show “Colombia`s Got Talent” introduced him on national television.
The multi-instrumentalist Colombian artist, whose passion is to blend folk music with contemporary sounds, has been invited to perform and run workshops in international conferences and festivals in Croatia, France, Bolivia, Turkey, Peru and Ecuador.
Balanta will be performing at the oath-taking ceremony of the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Aug 7.
The Aug 4 event will be hosted by the Colombian embassy in New Delhi.
The 50-minute live concert will be hosted at India International Centre from 6.30 p.m. onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Shahid Kapoor requested Karan Johar to call former ladylove Kareena Kapoor
- Sonu Sood's father dies of cardiac arrest at 77
- 'Kahaani 2' in pre-production stage, to star Vidya: Sujoy Ghosh
- Shah Rukh Khan's toy date with AbRam disrupted by fan mob—Watch here!
- Karisma Kapoor avoids question on divorce, says not ready for films