Coming out as gay didn`t make life easy for George Michael
London: British singer George Michael says his coming out as gay in 1998 following an arrest did not help make his life easy.
The singer`s fans came to know that he was gay following his arrest for "lewd behavior" in a park in Beverly Hills.
"For some strange reason, my gay life didn`t get easier when I came out. Quite the opposite happened, really," Michael said.
Michael, who has had a troubled life since coming out, feels the media destroyed the popularity he had among his straight audience.
`..I think some men were frustrated that their girlfriends wouldn`t let go of the idea that George Michael just hadn`t found the `right girl`. Which is still what a lot of my extended family still think reportedly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions