Craftsmanship from Kutch comes to Delhi
New Delhi: Craftswomen from 10 communities from Kutch region of Gujarat will display 16 different styles of hand embroidery at an exhibition in the national capital that begins July 5.
A craft-revival and grassroot organisation - Shrujan - is organising the exhibition of hand embroidered products that include saris, shawls and other garments in vibrant colours and intricate embroidery.
"The exhibition promises to present a whole new array of vibrant colours and high-quality fabric for people who appreciate art, textile, or embroidery," said a statement.
"These products are original, hand-embroidered, fabrics that 3,500 craftswomen living in 100 remote villages of Kutch have crafted, and produced items like bags and home furnishing," it added.
The four-day exhibition is at Aga Khan Hall and it ends July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mad Max' sequel to not feature Charlize Theron's Imperator Furiosa?
- Louis Tomlinson registers record label name
- Stella McCartney sues Steve Madden for copyright
- 'Ki and Ka': Arjun Kapoor shares a song-wrap selfie with Kareena Kapoor!
- Hrithik Roshan, Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Dheere Dheere’ crosses 55 million views