Craftsmanship from Kutch comes to Delhi
New Delhi: Craftswomen from 10 communities from Kutch region of Gujarat will display 16 different styles of hand embroidery at an exhibition in the national capital that begins July 5.
A craft-revival and grassroot organisation - Shrujan - is organising the exhibition of hand embroidered products that include saris, shawls and other garments in vibrant colours and intricate embroidery.
"The exhibition promises to present a whole new array of vibrant colours and high-quality fabric for people who appreciate art, textile, or embroidery," said a statement.
"These products are original, hand-embroidered, fabrics that 3,500 craftswomen living in 100 remote villages of Kutch have crafted, and produced items like bags and home furnishing," it added.
The four-day exhibition is at Aga Khan Hall and it ends July 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Can you SPOT the mistake in this pic?
- CONFIRMED! Sonakshi Sinha to star with Akshay Kumar in next
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic