Daily dose of cultural treat for Agra tourists
Agra: Tourists to Agra will get a daily dose of cultural treat in an effort to showcase the "pristine art forms" of India to both Indians and foreigners.
"India is the land of pristine art forms, but unfortunately the country does not have a platform to showcase the cultural treasure to the keen tourists who flock here. But the gap will be bridged now, said Ashok Jain, Agra`s tourism industry leader.
"We are now going to bridge this gap. Every afternoon before lunch, a bouquet of Indian classical dances by best artistes from each region would be presented at the Kalakriti International Auditorium," Jain told reporters.
From Kathak to Manipuri dance forms, the event will showcase the dazzle and glitter of traditional costumery.
"The visitor will return with a fragrance of India and I am sure it will be quite different from the spurious cultural expositions that we have in the name of culture and art in many parts of our country," said Jain.
The 90-minute show will round up with the traditional Indian lunch, provided by Gateway Hotels.
Kalakriti`s unique audio-visual presentation `Mohabbat the Taj`, a combination of high-end electronic gadgetry and live acting and dance inputs by more than 60 professional artistes, is already a hit with foreign visitors.
"From one we now have two shows in the evening. One of the general complaints we heard earlier that tourists had nothing in the name of entertainment to look forward to in Agra if they chose to spend the night here, but now with our show at the international class auditorium, this gap has been largely filled," said Yashwant, the project manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic