David Beckham approves of `Bend It..` musical
London: Soccer ace David Beckham has given permission for his name and image to be used in a stage musical based on the film `Bend It Like Beckham`.
The stage show will be an adaptation of the 2002 film of the same name, which was a big hit and made stars of Keira Knightley and Parminder Nagra, whose characters play in a women`s football league, reported Daily Mail.
The film and musical`s title refers to the soccer superstar`s ability to curve the ball into the net from seemingly impossible angles.
Though Beckham, 37, will not appear in the show but has given his blessing to the production, which will use his name and footage of his famous free kicks.
Director Gurinder Chadha, who helmed the film, will also direct the musical as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' or 'Shivaay': Here's what 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli will be watching
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: No one needs to give proof of their patriotism, says Pahlaj Nihalani
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky: reveals study
- Family felt film industry was a volatile profession, says Aamir Khan
- Men are getting inquisitive about grooming: Survey
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art