David Beckham approves of `Bend It..` musical
London: Soccer ace David Beckham has given permission for his name and image to be used in a stage musical based on the film `Bend It Like Beckham`.
The stage show will be an adaptation of the 2002 film of the same name, which was a big hit and made stars of Keira Knightley and Parminder Nagra, whose characters play in a women`s football league, reported Daily Mail.
The film and musical`s title refers to the soccer superstar`s ability to curve the ball into the net from seemingly impossible angles.
Though Beckham, 37, will not appear in the show but has given his blessing to the production, which will use his name and footage of his famous free kicks.
Director Gurinder Chadha, who helmed the film, will also direct the musical as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier