Delhi to get a new craft market
New Delhi: ‘Nature Bazaar’, a new crafts and organic produce market, will be inaugurated here by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday, an official said.
The market, an initiative of Delhi Tourism in association with Dastkar, a society which aims at improving the economic status of craftspeople, would be located near Chhatarpur Metro station in south Delhi.
"The permanent Nature Bazaar will be an exciting round the year cultural and retail hub,with a colourful, constantly changing programme of crafts and natural and organic produce creating a link between nature and crafts and promoting age old skills in innovative products," said Sudhir Sobti, chief public relations officer, Delhi Tourism.
Nature Bazaar is spread over 7,000 sq. meters and comes up at a place where residents of Delhi and Gurgaon can get access to quality crafts and eco-friendly products.
A South Asia bazaar will be held at the venue from Friday. Craftsmen and crafts organizations from Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan along with Indian craftsmen will display their skill in handicraft and handlooms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release