Delhi to get a new craft market
New Delhi: ‘Nature Bazaar’, a new crafts and organic produce market, will be inaugurated here by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday, an official said.
The market, an initiative of Delhi Tourism in association with Dastkar, a society which aims at improving the economic status of craftspeople, would be located near Chhatarpur Metro station in south Delhi.
"The permanent Nature Bazaar will be an exciting round the year cultural and retail hub,with a colourful, constantly changing programme of crafts and natural and organic produce creating a link between nature and crafts and promoting age old skills in innovative products," said Sudhir Sobti, chief public relations officer, Delhi Tourism.
Nature Bazaar is spread over 7,000 sq. meters and comes up at a place where residents of Delhi and Gurgaon can get access to quality crafts and eco-friendly products.
A South Asia bazaar will be held at the venue from Friday. Craftsmen and crafts organizations from Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan along with Indian craftsmen will display their skill in handicraft and handlooms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!