Dirty Dancing replaces Viva Forever! in West End
London: Dirty Dancing is all set to replace `Spice Girls` musical `Viva Forever!` at the Piccadilly Theatre in London`s West End.
It was recently announced that the musical would close after poor ticket sales and derogatory reviews, the BBC reported.
The band members said that they were "gutted" when the song`s producer Judy Cramer said they could not "make it work."
"It is with a heavy heart that we`ve had to make this very difficult decision to post closing notices," said Craymer in the announcement on 2 May.
"Viva Forever! may be taking its leave for now in the West End, but the legacy of Spice Girls will never fade," she said.
Meanwhile, Dirty Dancing`s producers Karl Sydow and Amber Jacobsen said that they were "delighted" that the show would be coming back to London.
Dirty Dancing, which is currently touring the UK, will open on 13 July 2013, while Viva Forever! will close on 29 June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!