Dirty Dancing replaces Viva Forever! in West End
London: Dirty Dancing is all set to replace `Spice Girls` musical `Viva Forever!` at the Piccadilly Theatre in London`s West End.
It was recently announced that the musical would close after poor ticket sales and derogatory reviews, the BBC reported.
The band members said that they were "gutted" when the song`s producer Judy Cramer said they could not "make it work."
"It is with a heavy heart that we`ve had to make this very difficult decision to post closing notices," said Craymer in the announcement on 2 May.
"Viva Forever! may be taking its leave for now in the West End, but the legacy of Spice Girls will never fade," she said.
Meanwhile, Dirty Dancing`s producers Karl Sydow and Amber Jacobsen said that they were "delighted" that the show would be coming back to London.
Dirty Dancing, which is currently touring the UK, will open on 13 July 2013, while Viva Forever! will close on 29 June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- Kangana Ranaut birthday special: The bold and beautiful 'Queen' who knows how to rule!
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’