Dirty Dancing replaces Viva Forever! in West End
London: Dirty Dancing is all set to replace `Spice Girls` musical `Viva Forever!` at the Piccadilly Theatre in London`s West End.
It was recently announced that the musical would close after poor ticket sales and derogatory reviews, the BBC reported.
The band members said that they were "gutted" when the song`s producer Judy Cramer said they could not "make it work."
"It is with a heavy heart that we`ve had to make this very difficult decision to post closing notices," said Craymer in the announcement on 2 May.
"Viva Forever! may be taking its leave for now in the West End, but the legacy of Spice Girls will never fade," she said.
Meanwhile, Dirty Dancing`s producers Karl Sydow and Amber Jacobsen said that they were "delighted" that the show would be coming back to London.
Dirty Dancing, which is currently touring the UK, will open on 13 July 2013, while Viva Forever! will close on 29 June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children