Dirty Dancing replaces Viva Forever! in West End
London: Dirty Dancing is all set to replace `Spice Girls` musical `Viva Forever!` at the Piccadilly Theatre in London`s West End.
It was recently announced that the musical would close after poor ticket sales and derogatory reviews, the BBC reported.
The band members said that they were "gutted" when the song`s producer Judy Cramer said they could not "make it work."
"It is with a heavy heart that we`ve had to make this very difficult decision to post closing notices," said Craymer in the announcement on 2 May.
"Viva Forever! may be taking its leave for now in the West End, but the legacy of Spice Girls will never fade," she said.
Meanwhile, Dirty Dancing`s producers Karl Sydow and Amber Jacobsen said that they were "delighted" that the show would be coming back to London.
Dirty Dancing, which is currently touring the UK, will open on 13 July 2013, while Viva Forever! will close on 29 June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own s**t' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers