Don Bradman memorabilia to be exhibited at Victoria Memorial
Kolkata: The first bat and other playing gear and memorabilia of Donald Bradman - arguably the greatest batsman ever - will be showcased at an exhibition at the iconic Victoria Memorial Hall here in 2015.
The event, organised in collaboration with the Don Bradman Foundation, will exhibit items linked to the Australian legend`s professional achievements as well as personal artefacts.
The exact dates are yet to be finalised, Shakil Ahmed, administrative officer, Victoria Memorial Hall told IANS.
The exhibits are likely to include Bradman`s diaries and letters.
"The exhibition will be held in 2015 and a great deal of attention will be paid to maintaining the priceless items," Ahmed said.
"A team of the Foundation had visited us while scouting for locations and the final details are being fleshed out," he said.
Bradman, who scored 6,996 runs in 52 Test matches at an astounding average of 99.94, had never played international cricket on Indian soil.
Victoria Memorial, white marble British-era edifice, is located in 64-acres of land dotted with lawns and waterbodies and is one of India`s top tourist destinations.
The 93-year-old monument provides a stunning backdrop for hosting various exhibitions including the 2014 Kolkata Literary Meet.
The show is slated to travel through Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change