Dylan’s handwritten lyrics at auction
London: Bob Dylan`s handwritten lyrics for iconic 1960s anthem ‘The Times They Are A-Changin’ have been sold for 422,500 dollars at an auction.
The two-page notebook manuscript, which was expected to go in the range of 200,000 to 300,000 dollars, was snapped at Sotheby`s in New York, reports the Independent.
The winning bidder was American art collector and hedge fund owner Adam Sender.
The time-worn document features four verses of lyrics without musical notation and is written in pencil with ‘By Bob Dylan’ scrawled at the top.
The 1964 song, which is considered one of the most celebrated tunes of that decade, inspired a protest movement that challenged attitudes towards race, poverty and the Vietnam War.
‘The Times They Are A-Changin’ first debuted on the January 1964 album of the same name.
Dylan, who turns 70 next year, is still recording and performing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif upset with Ranbir Kapoor for talking about their relationship during an interview?
- Revealed! Release date of Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
- These simple Vaastu tips will declutter your mind
- Research points out how aged wine gets its aroma
- Priyanka Chopra may shift to Los Angeles for five years! Details inside
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier