Emma Thompson returning to London stage with Sweeney Todd
London: Actress Emma Thompson will return to the London stage for the first time in 25 years in a production of `Sweeney Todd`.
The 55-year-old `Saving Mr Banks` actress will star in Stephen Sondheim`s musical, which will come to the London Coliseum in March and April 2015, suggest reports.
The British actress, who won an Oscar for her performance in `Howards End`, will play Mrs Lovett in the English National Opera`s take on the Demon Barber of Fleet Street story.
Thompson will perform alongside bass-baritone Bryn Terfel in the production.
The pair starred in four `Sweeney Todd` shows at New York`s Lincoln Center in March.
The last time Thompson appeared on the London stage was in 1989, in a production of `Look Back in Anger` directed by Judi Dench and also featuring Kenneth Branagh.
Her film `Sold` has been confirmed as the red carpet, opening night film of the fifth annual London Indian Film Festival, which is taking place on July 10-17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children