Emma Thompson returning to London stage with Sweeney Todd
London: Actress Emma Thompson will return to the London stage for the first time in 25 years in a production of `Sweeney Todd`.
The 55-year-old `Saving Mr Banks` actress will star in Stephen Sondheim`s musical, which will come to the London Coliseum in March and April 2015, suggest reports.
The British actress, who won an Oscar for her performance in `Howards End`, will play Mrs Lovett in the English National Opera`s take on the Demon Barber of Fleet Street story.
Thompson will perform alongside bass-baritone Bryn Terfel in the production.
The pair starred in four `Sweeney Todd` shows at New York`s Lincoln Center in March.
The last time Thompson appeared on the London stage was in 1989, in a production of `Look Back in Anger` directed by Judi Dench and also featuring Kenneth Branagh.
Her film `Sold` has been confirmed as the red carpet, opening night film of the fifth annual London Indian Film Festival, which is taking place on July 10-17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside