Emma Thompson returning to London stage with Sweeney Todd
London: Actress Emma Thompson will return to the London stage for the first time in 25 years in a production of `Sweeney Todd`.
The 55-year-old `Saving Mr Banks` actress will star in Stephen Sondheim`s musical, which will come to the London Coliseum in March and April 2015, suggest reports.
The British actress, who won an Oscar for her performance in `Howards End`, will play Mrs Lovett in the English National Opera`s take on the Demon Barber of Fleet Street story.
Thompson will perform alongside bass-baritone Bryn Terfel in the production.
The pair starred in four `Sweeney Todd` shows at New York`s Lincoln Center in March.
The last time Thompson appeared on the London stage was in 1989, in a production of `Look Back in Anger` directed by Judi Dench and also featuring Kenneth Branagh.
Her film `Sold` has been confirmed as the red carpet, opening night film of the fifth annual London Indian Film Festival, which is taking place on July 10-17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayen never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman
- 'Captain America: Civil War' movie review
- Five reasons why ‘Sairat’ starring Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar is a ‘must watch’
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic