Exhibition seeks to show the range of Dali
Madrid: The museums with the three largest collections of the work of Spanish artist Salvador Dali are working together to put on an exhibition in Madrid that shows the range of the Spanish artist.
The exhibition, "Dali. Todas las sugestiones poeticas y todas las posibilidades plasticas" (Dali. All the Poetic Suggestions and All the Plastic Possibilities), will run from April 27 to Sep 2 at the Museo Reina Sofia in the Spanish capital.
The Gala-Salvador Dali Foundation, the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida, and the Museo Reina Sofia put together the exhibition of around 200 works designed to give visitors a look at Salvador Dali (1904-89) the thinker, writer and creator of a new way of seeing the world.
General curator Jean-Hubert Martin and curators Montse Aguer, Jean-Michel Bouhours and Thierry Dufrene designed different sections that feature paintings, drawings, documentary materials, photographs, Dali`s manuscripts, magazines and films that try to explain the artist`s complex universe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- 10th Jaipur Literature Festival kicks off in style; Gulzar, Anne Waldman deliver keynote address
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary