Famous sand artist pays a tribute to Sachin Tendulkar
Bhubaneswar: As master blaster Sachin Tendulkar bid adieu to the international cricket, famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik crafted a sculpture in Odisha to pay him a tribute.
Pattnaik created a cricket bat with a face of Sachin with a message, `Never Say Good Bye` at the week-long annual trade fair that commenced Sunday at Cuttack, 26 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
The trade fair is being organised to mark the state`s rich maritime tradition.
"I am a great fan of the master blaster. I congratulate him for being awarded the Bharat Ratna. Sachin is the god of cricket. I have created many sand sculptures on him in the past," Pattnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Deepika Padukone beats Priyanka Chopra to be named sexiest Asian woman!
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today