Films, plays to be screened from Aug 17 for MIFTA-2014
Thane: A `festival` to select Marathi films and plays for Marathi International Film and Theatre Awards (MIFTA)-2014 will be held here from August 17 to 25.
A total of 10 films released during the last one year and as many plays staged during this time will be screened at Dr Kashinath Ghanekar auditorium here to select the entries for MIFTA function to be held in Wales, UK, in November this year, noted filmmaker-actor Mahesh Manjrekar, who is the promoter of MIFTA, told reporters here today.
This is the fifth year of the MIFTA awards. Earlier the awards were held in Dubai (2010), London (2011), Singapore (2012) and Macau (2013), he said.
MIFTA plans to provide a single point contact to assist producers who want to shoot and screen Marathi films abroad. Twenty-two cities from the US, UK, France, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Israel and Southeast Asia have already been approached, he said.
MIFTA will ensure complete transparency in the selection process of the awards by e-based voting. By putting it up on the MIFTA`s Facebook official page and with categorical promotion therein, they will ensure that Marathi films are promoted to youth not only in Maharashtra, but abroad too, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children