Four artists in-residence at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: Two artists and two writers have been selected for Rashtrapati Bhavan`s in-residence scheme, aimed at promoting and nurturing established and young creative minds.
"We have selected four people - two writers and two artists - through a national wide selection process for this residency programme," Venu Rajamony, Rashtrapati Bhavan press secretary, said Tuesday.
Rajamony didn`t reveal the names of the selected people. He said it is a new initiative to benefits writers and artists.
Kolkata-based artist Jogen Chowdhury is the first artist in-residence at Rashtrapati Bhavan. He is currently undergoing the residency and feels that such a platform is an "encouragement" for artists and writers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India