Four artists in-residence at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: Two artists and two writers have been selected for Rashtrapati Bhavan`s in-residence scheme, aimed at promoting and nurturing established and young creative minds.
"We have selected four people - two writers and two artists - through a national wide selection process for this residency programme," Venu Rajamony, Rashtrapati Bhavan press secretary, said Tuesday.
Rajamony didn`t reveal the names of the selected people. He said it is a new initiative to benefits writers and artists.
Kolkata-based artist Jogen Chowdhury is the first artist in-residence at Rashtrapati Bhavan. He is currently undergoing the residency and feels that such a platform is an "encouragement" for artists and writers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change