French honour for Indian director
New Delhi: The French government has bestowed the prestigious award of "Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres "(Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters)" on Indian actor- director Rahul Vohra (48) for his contribution to cinema and theatre.
A Delhi University graduate, Vohra is the founding member and actor of theatre group `Chingari`. He also works in other theatre, television and film productions as well.
Reacting to the honour, Vohra said "this is dedicated to all the lost and forgotten artistes of India and the world at large, with whom I have had the honour of working over the years."
"The weavers whose hands create what I wear, the classical musicians who launched me on an auspicious note, the folk artistes who taught me tenacity and self-belief and the craftsmen whose aesthetics build the nation`s image and to all who taught me to love and honour them - my parents, family, friends and teachers," he said.
The award is conferred on persons who have distinguished themselves by their creativity in the field of art, culture and literature or for their contribution to the influence of the arts in France and throughout the world.
Amitabh Bachhan, Shahrukh Khan, Bob Dylan, Clint Eastwood, Emir Kusturica, Won-Kar Wei, Bruce Willis, Elton John, Shivaji Ganesan, George Clooney, Jude Law, Rudolf Nureyev, Shakira, Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn are some of the other recipients of this award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Rajinikanth supporting BJP candidate? Here’s the truth
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone relationship: Bollywood’s Ram-Leela not a couple anymore?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH
- Fight on flight: Did Kapil Sharma slap, hit Sunil Grover with a shoe?
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’