Gwyneth Paltrow `to produce musical about 1980s band The Go-Go`s`
Los Angeles: Gwyneth Paltrow is in talks to produce a musical based on the all-girl supergroup The Go-Go’s, according to reports.
Working with several prospective co-producers, including Donovan Leitch and Rick Ferrari, Paltrow would base the musical on the life and music of the seminal 1980s all-girl group that includes Belinda Carlisle, Jane Wiedlin, Charlotte Caffey, Kathy Valentine, Gina Schock and Paula Jean Brown.
The LA-based band, which has been touring all summer, was behind such early-’80s hits as ‘Vacation,’ ‘We Got the Beat’ and ‘Our Lips Are Sealed.’
They were the first all-female band that played their own instruments to top the Billboard charts.
Given that Jersey Boys, Mamma Mia! (with music by Abba) and, most recently, American Idiot (music of Green Day) have all been hits, it makes sense to bring the all-girl supergroup back to life.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Carlisle and bandmates are considering being involved and possibly penning new songs.
According to Sources, some major Broadway writers are being considered for the book, but no deals have been signed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Celebrate the greatness of Lord Shiva by sending these WhatsApp messages
- Want to step out of friendzone? Follow these steps
- Holi special 2017: Plan your big bash with colours and much more!
- Happiness is all around! Here's how you can find it
- Dance-drama retells episodes from Lord Krishna's life