Harry Potter West End play to be directed by John Tiffany
London: Writer JK Rowling has reportedly chosen Tony award-winning director John Tiffany to oversee the `Harry Potter` West End play.
The production will focus on the boy wizard`s early years and his parents` backstory, rather than a new version of the books and films, reportedly.
In Rowling`s books, Harry`s parents are killed by Lord Voldemort when he is just 15 months old.
Tiffany is Rowling`s first choice as director, after he staged the current West End version of `Let the Right One In`. His recent credits also include `Black Watch` and `Once`.
Writer Jack Thorne and producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender are also linked with the production.
A Warner Bros representative said, "We will see what we have when it`s written, and proceed from there. Remember: it`s a play, not a musical; so we may not require a great big theatre."
This is the latest Harry Potter spinoff in recent months from Rowling, after she published match reports from the Quidditch World Cup, and announced three movies based on `Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unbelievable! This is what Amitabh Bachchan tells Kangana Ranaut every time he meets her
- This former girlfriend of Salman Khan has replaced Deepika Padukone in Kabir Khan’s ‘Tubelight’
- Here’s why ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan and ‘Baadshaho’ Ajay Devgn won’t clash at the Box
- Here's what B-Town stars have to say about Keenan-Reuben murder case verdict!
- Singer Mika Singh gets bail in assault case
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic