Helen Mirren breaks theatre initiative record
London: Veteran star Helen Mirren`s hit West End play `The Audience` has broken theatre-to-cinema records after 110,000 fans checked out her latest performance as Queen Elizabeth II last week.
The live broadcast of the production, which was beamed to movie theatres in the UK and America, attracted the largest audience for National Theatre Live`s four-year-old venture.
The success has prompted talk of more screenings of the Peter Morgan play, which won Mirren an Olivier Award in April this year, reported Contactmusic.
Mirren also played the reigning monarch in Morgan`s The Queen. She won an Oscar for her portrayal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `The Revenant` sweeps Britain`s Baftas with three top gongs
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!