Helen Mirren breaks theatre initiative record
London: Veteran star Helen Mirren`s hit West End play `The Audience` has broken theatre-to-cinema records after 110,000 fans checked out her latest performance as Queen Elizabeth II last week.
The live broadcast of the production, which was beamed to movie theatres in the UK and America, attracted the largest audience for National Theatre Live`s four-year-old venture.
The success has prompted talk of more screenings of the Peter Morgan play, which won Mirren an Olivier Award in April this year, reported Contactmusic.
Mirren also played the reigning monarch in Morgan`s The Queen. She won an Oscar for her portrayal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Celebrate the greatness of Lord Shiva by sending these WhatsApp messages
- Want to step out of friendzone? Follow these steps
- Holi special 2017: Plan your big bash with colours and much more!
- Happiness is all around! Here's how you can find it
- Dance-drama retells episodes from Lord Krishna's life