Himachal artist gets Padma Shri
Shimla: Vijay Sharma, a Himachal Pradesh artist known for his Kangra miniature paintings, was Wednesday named for the Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian honour.
Sharma of the state language and culture department is posted in Bhuri Singh Museum in Chamba.
His name figures in the Padma Shri award list, traditionally announced the day before Republic Day and conferred by the president in March or April.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal congratulated Sharma and lauded his contribution in the field of art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Monalisa opens up about her televised marriage with Vikrant Singh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru