Himachal artist gets Padma Shri
Shimla: Vijay Sharma, a Himachal Pradesh artist known for his Kangra miniature paintings, was Wednesday named for the Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian honour.
Sharma of the state language and culture department is posted in Bhuri Singh Museum in Chamba.
His name figures in the Padma Shri award list, traditionally announced the day before Republic Day and conferred by the president in March or April.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal congratulated Sharma and lauded his contribution in the field of art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha bags biopic on Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parkar
- Derogatory word for policeman in ‘PK’ lands Aamir Khan in trouble
- Kangana Ranaut not comfortable walking the ramp for any designer
- ‘Busy’ Salman Khan makes Anees Bazmee wait for 'No Entry' sequel
- When ‘unwell’ Aishwarya Rai exuded confidence