Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin returns to Broadway
London: Actor Alec Baldwin is set to return to Broadway in a new production of 1983 play `Orphans`. He will play a wealthy gentleman in the show.
The 54-year-old Baldwin`s character is named Harold, who becomes a father figure to two orphaned brothers after one of the siblings kidnaps him.
The latest version of the Lyle Kessler`s 1983 play will be directed by Daniel Sullivan.
"I have dreamed, for a long time, of doing this play with this director. It`s an honour to work with Dan Sullivan in Lyle Kessler`s `Orphans`," Baldwin was quoted as saying by femalefirst.co.uk.
The production had an off-Broadway run in at the Westside Arts Theater in Manhattan in 1985 and was later turned into a movie starring Albert Finney and Matthew Modine in 1987.
Work on the latest version will begin next spring at the Shubert Theater in New York City.
Baldwin last appeared on Broadway in 2004 when he starred in a revival of comedy play "Twentieth Century". He was seen alongside Anne Hench and he previously starred in off-Broadway production "Entertaining Mr. Sloane" by Joe Orton in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan did not speak to each other for almost a year – Here's why
- Priyanka Chopra injured on the sets of ‘Quantico’, says she will be ‘ok’
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day
- Madame Tussauds museum gears up for DEBUT in India in June