Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin returns to Broadway
London: Actor Alec Baldwin is set to return to Broadway in a new production of 1983 play `Orphans`. He will play a wealthy gentleman in the show.
The 54-year-old Baldwin`s character is named Harold, who becomes a father figure to two orphaned brothers after one of the siblings kidnaps him.
The latest version of the Lyle Kessler`s 1983 play will be directed by Daniel Sullivan.
"I have dreamed, for a long time, of doing this play with this director. It`s an honour to work with Dan Sullivan in Lyle Kessler`s `Orphans`," Baldwin was quoted as saying by femalefirst.co.uk.
The production had an off-Broadway run in at the Westside Arts Theater in Manhattan in 1985 and was later turned into a movie starring Albert Finney and Matthew Modine in 1987.
Work on the latest version will begin next spring at the Shubert Theater in New York City.
Baldwin last appeared on Broadway in 2004 when he starred in a revival of comedy play "Twentieth Century". He was seen alongside Anne Hench and he previously starred in off-Broadway production "Entertaining Mr. Sloane" by Joe Orton in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- 'Law & Order' actor Steven Hill dies at 94
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier