Hugh Jackman to return to Broadway as illusionist Houdini
New York: Actor Hugh Jackman has confirmed he`ll be bringing his magic touch back to the Broadway stage in 2013 as illusionist Harry Houdini.
The `X-Men` star has just completed a record-breaking one-man show and now he`s set to tackle a musical about one of the most enigmatic characters in showbusiness.
"I have been deeply fascinated by the life of Harry Houdini since I was young, and in many ways I`ve been preparing for this role my whole life," Jackman said in a
statement to Broadway.com.
It`s not the first time the 43-year-old Australian hunk has tackled a magical role - he played magician Robert Angier in 2006 film `The Prestige`.
Oscar winners Aaron Sorkin and Stephen Schwartz will collaborate on the productions` words and music and three-time Tony Award winner Jack O`Brien will direct the musical.
"I am thrilled to be collaborating with this collection of artists who are all at the top of their game," Jackman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag