Hugh Jackman to return to Broadway as illusionist Houdini
New York: Actor Hugh Jackman has confirmed he`ll be bringing his magic touch back to the Broadway stage in 2013 as illusionist Harry Houdini.
The `X-Men` star has just completed a record-breaking one-man show and now he`s set to tackle a musical about one of the most enigmatic characters in showbusiness.
"I have been deeply fascinated by the life of Harry Houdini since I was young, and in many ways I`ve been preparing for this role my whole life," Jackman said in a
statement to Broadway.com.
It`s not the first time the 43-year-old Australian hunk has tackled a magical role - he played magician Robert Angier in 2006 film `The Prestige`.
Oscar winners Aaron Sorkin and Stephen Schwartz will collaborate on the productions` words and music and three-time Tony Award winner Jack O`Brien will direct the musical.
"I am thrilled to be collaborating with this collection of artists who are all at the top of their game," Jackman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hotness alert! Check out Rubina Dilaik’s too-sexy-to-handle avatar
- Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10: Check out the tentative list of contestants
- Rahul Khanna to host TV show 'The Mavericks'
- Look what Sonali Bendre has to say about her comeback
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Sudarsan Pattnaik wins prize in Moscow sand art show for 'Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace' sculpture
- Padamsee and Gaitonde among masters at Saffronart's auction
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity