I can do western dance: Hema Malini
Mumbai: Yesteryear actress Hema Malini says she can move and groove every which way - be it for Indian classical or western forms of dance.
A trained Bharatnatyam dancer, she believes she can groove in western style if she is ever required to.
"I have never even tried doing western dance. I don`t even think I will be able to do it. But whoever learns classical dance, can do any kind of dance. We just have to have the mindset that `yes, we have to do it`. So, I will also do it," the 64-year-old said here Thursday at her show ‘Stress Shakti’.
The 64-year-old says her mother always wanted her to become a classical dancer.
"My mother was not a dancer, but wanted her daughter to learn dance and I am doing it till today. I can boldly say that I am following whatever she told me," said the actress, whose two daughters - Esha and Ahana - too are trained dancers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children