India, France cultural fest to be held in 15 Indian cities
Mumbai: Fifteen Indian cities will host the three-month second Bonjour India, an Indo-French cultural festival starting this month, officials said here Friday.
Organised by the embassy of France, Institut Francais en Inde in association with Alliance Francaise India network and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, the festival will encompass cultural exchanges between India and France, including arts, literature, cinema, fashion, performing arts, sports, education and photography.
The focus would be on creative collaboration between Indian and French artists with events like Luminocity, Ballet Preljocaj and Gates to India Song.
Besides a strong participation at the World Book Fair-2013 in New Delhi, French author and philosopher Albert Camus`s birth centenary will be celebrated across India through a series of events.
A French Film Festival of six highly-acclaimed and recent feature films will travel across seven Indian cities within a month, while another package of films which have been part of various international film festivals will be screened in nine cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This temple in Karnataka’s coastal region has world’s second-tallest Shiva statue
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra slams divorce rumours, says she loves her husband—Full story inside!
- Watch: Baba Sehgal is breaking internet with his song on Donald Trump's presidential campaign
- 'Akira' came at the right time of my career: Sonakshi Sinha
- Katrina Kaif upset with Ranbir Kapoor for talking about their relationship during an interview?
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier