India, France cultural fest to be held in 15 Indian cities
Mumbai: Fifteen Indian cities will host the three-month second Bonjour India, an Indo-French cultural festival starting this month, officials said here Friday.
Organised by the embassy of France, Institut Francais en Inde in association with Alliance Francaise India network and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, the festival will encompass cultural exchanges between India and France, including arts, literature, cinema, fashion, performing arts, sports, education and photography.
The focus would be on creative collaboration between Indian and French artists with events like Luminocity, Ballet Preljocaj and Gates to India Song.
Besides a strong participation at the World Book Fair-2013 in New Delhi, French author and philosopher Albert Camus`s birth centenary will be celebrated across India through a series of events.
A French Film Festival of six highly-acclaimed and recent feature films will travel across seven Indian cities within a month, while another package of films which have been part of various international film festivals will be screened in nine cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India