Indian Kaleidoscope brings cultural diversity through clothes
New Delhi: From matka silk of Bihar, chanderi from Madhya Pradesh, and chiffons and woven yardages along with borders from Benaras, one can experience the kaleidoscope of India`s rich culture and tradition in designer brand Ekru`s latest collection.
Designer duo Ekta Jaipuria and Ruchira Kandhari have taken inspiration from the diverse culture of India for their collection titled “Indian Kaleidoscope”.
“The culture of India refers to the way of life of the people of India. India`s languages, religions, dance, music, architecture, food, and customs differ from place to place and this is what we have tried to portray in the collection,” Ekta said in a statement.
From anarkalis, suits and lehangas made with traditional textiles and thread embroidery, it is ideal for festive occasions.
“The textiles used in the collection also reflected the same diversity as the colours and motifs used. Threadwork and motifs borrowed from traditional textiles had been given a twist by mixing and matching in the collection. There had been a generous use of sequins and pearls,” said Ruchira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why