Indian Kathak dance troupe enthralls ASEAN Secretariat
Jakarta: A Kathak dance troupe, specially flown in from India, gave a grand performance at the ASEAN Secretariat here that was widely appreciated by the select audience.
The event, involving well known danseuse Malti Shyam and her troupe, was organised by the ASEAN Secretariat in association with the Indian embassy as part of their activities for enhancing cultural understanding among Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its dialogue partners. It was first of its kind to be held in the ASEAN Secretariat, said an Indian embassy press release.
It was held as part of the ongoing celebrations of 20 years of ASEAN-India Dialogue Relationship and as a run up to the special commemorative ASEAN-India Summit to be held in New Delhi in December 2012.
Ambassador Gurjit Singh said that the performance was part of the ongoing efforts to reach out and establish a "people to people" connect directly through cultural performances, business, academic seminars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Sudarsan Pattnaik’s students pay tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose – See PIC
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty