Indian wins Beijing Art Biennale award
New Delhi: Indian sculptor Latika Katt’s bronze work has bagged an award from among 535 artists across 93 participating countries at the fourth Beijing International Art Biennale.
The New Delhi-based sculptor bagged the award for her bronze work titled "Makar Sankranti at Dashawmeth Ghat, Varanasi", the Lalit Kala Academy said in a statement today.
Recognised as one of India`s leading artists, Katt has put up solo and joint exhibitions in India and abroad including Paris, Ankara, Havana, Stockholm, Osaka and Chicago.
Currently working independently, Latika had headed the Department of Fine Arts and Art Education at Jamia Millia Islamia University as well as taught at the Banaras Hindu University.
Her work, which strives to create a multi-dimensional imaginative world features in collections in the National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai and the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani