Indian wins Beijing Art Biennale award
New Delhi: Indian sculptor Latika Katt’s bronze work has bagged an award from among 535 artists across 93 participating countries at the fourth Beijing International Art Biennale.
The New Delhi-based sculptor bagged the award for her bronze work titled "Makar Sankranti at Dashawmeth Ghat, Varanasi", the Lalit Kala Academy said in a statement today.
Recognised as one of India`s leading artists, Katt has put up solo and joint exhibitions in India and abroad including Paris, Ankara, Havana, Stockholm, Osaka and Chicago.
Currently working independently, Latika had headed the Department of Fine Arts and Art Education at Jamia Millia Islamia University as well as taught at the Banaras Hindu University.
Her work, which strives to create a multi-dimensional imaginative world features in collections in the National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai and the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’