International Theatre Festival to begin from Jan 27
Thrissur: The 6th edition of the International Theatre Festival of Kerala will commence here from January 27.
The eight-day event is being organised by the Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Akademi. KSNA`s secretary Dr P V Krishnan Nair said that a total of 23 plays would be staged.
Eleven dramas would be performed by thespians from countries like France, Italy, Germany, Norway, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Iran, Iraq, Poland, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Six plays would be from Kerala and another six staged by artistes from different states of the country. The highlight of this year`s festival would be a dynamic mix of theatre featuring puppetry from France, Dance from Israel and Shakespeare from India, he added.
There would also be premiere of `Burning Flowers, 7 dreams of women,` a piece devised especially for the ITFoK for 2014, based on the theme `Gender`, he added.
State Minister for Cultural Affairs, K C Joseph would inaugurate the event. `The Kitchen` by Roysten Abel would be staged as the first performance, Nair said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art