International Theatre Festival to begin from Jan 27
Thrissur: The 6th edition of the International Theatre Festival of Kerala will commence here from January 27.
The eight-day event is being organised by the Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Akademi. KSNA`s secretary Dr P V Krishnan Nair said that a total of 23 plays would be staged.
Eleven dramas would be performed by thespians from countries like France, Italy, Germany, Norway, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Iran, Iraq, Poland, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Six plays would be from Kerala and another six staged by artistes from different states of the country. The highlight of this year`s festival would be a dynamic mix of theatre featuring puppetry from France, Dance from Israel and Shakespeare from India, he added.
There would also be premiere of `Burning Flowers, 7 dreams of women,` a piece devised especially for the ITFoK for 2014, based on the theme `Gender`, he added.
State Minister for Cultural Affairs, K C Joseph would inaugurate the event. `The Kitchen` by Roysten Abel would be staged as the first performance, Nair said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s why Salman Khan should get married
- Kangana Ranaut in no mood to talk about Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Will Gautam Gulati wear his dancing shoes for 'Jhalak Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'?
- 'Dishoom' POSTER OUT! Jacqueline rides with Varun Dhawan, John Abraham
- Are Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan expecting their first child?
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers