International Theatre Festival to begin from Jan 27
Thrissur: The 6th edition of the International Theatre Festival of Kerala will commence here from January 27.
The eight-day event is being organised by the Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Akademi. KSNA`s secretary Dr P V Krishnan Nair said that a total of 23 plays would be staged.
Eleven dramas would be performed by thespians from countries like France, Italy, Germany, Norway, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Iran, Iraq, Poland, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Six plays would be from Kerala and another six staged by artistes from different states of the country. The highlight of this year`s festival would be a dynamic mix of theatre featuring puppetry from France, Dance from Israel and Shakespeare from India, he added.
There would also be premiere of `Burning Flowers, 7 dreams of women,` a piece devised especially for the ITFoK for 2014, based on the theme `Gender`, he added.
State Minister for Cultural Affairs, K C Joseph would inaugurate the event. `The Kitchen` by Roysten Abel would be staged as the first performance, Nair said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier
- Jane Fonda to auction off wedding dress, engagement ring
- Artist makes miniature chariots for deities on Rath Yatra
- Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik makes 100 chariots; creates new world record- See pics