Iran-south Asia connect through photography
Kolkata: A photography exhibition beginning here March 8 will showcase the link between Iran and south Asian nations via myriad facets of democracy, an organiser said Sunday.
`Pix: The Iran Issue`, a group show of 14 budding and established photographers will include documentary and fictional narratives as well as art photography.
Organised by Max Mueller Bhavan, Kolkata, in collaboration with Studio 21, a city-based association that hosts alternative art practices, the event will run for three weeks.
"There will be nearly 70 photographs and a few of the 14 artists are slated to visit the exhibit," Manas Acharya, co-ordinator and curator of Studio 21, told IANS.
The exhibition features works of Iranian photographers based in as well as outside the nation. It will include displays by Mahdieh Mirhabibi and Majid Saeedi, who have left Iran to work in countries like Somalia and Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!